The Council seeks team members who share our core values of hope, caring & compassion, and excellence. We are committed to supporting staff in the important and challenging work they do each day.
Competitive pay and benefits and a strong professional development program are some of the ways we support and value our employees.
Current positions available (or potentially available) at the Council:
Director of Finance
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Finance is directly responsible for the overall management of financial functions in support of The Council’s mission and goals as formulated by the Board and Executive Director. The Council has approximately 25 employees and an annual budget of over one million dollars. This position establishes financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems and ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting, and financial functions. The Director of Finance & Human Resources is also directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the employee benefits program.
- Bachelor’s degree (MS/MBA preferred) in accounting or related field and 5 to 8 years of professional hands-on experience in GAAP accounting/finance, preferably in a nonprofit
- General accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting techniques, knowledge of computerized accounting/billing systems and non-profit funding required
- Three years of supervisory experience required
- System implementation experience, technology savvy, experience using computerized accounting and billing systems preferredE Experience in audit, compliance, contracts, budget and resource development preferred
- Experience with New York State regulations preferred
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to be part of the solution to the opioid epidemic? Consider joining our team as we expand treatment options in Tompkins County.
The Council is looking for energetic and organized team-oriented professionals to grow with us. Successful candidates will conduct admission assessments, provide individual and group counseling to a diverse client population, and collaborate with the treatment team to develop individualized treatment plans. Candidates with relevant practical experience and/or experience in substance use disorders/mental health treatment are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking entry-level and/or experienced candidates. The Council provides excellent benefits and exciting opportunities for professional development.
Alcohol & Drug Council of Tompkins Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, amnesty status, veteran status, or disability.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or mail to:
Alcohol & Drug Council of Tompkins County, Inc.
201 E. Green St., Suite 500
Ithaca, NY 14850
Alcohol & Drug Council of Tompkins County, Inc. is a Certified Living Wage Employer.